Oil on canvas 14 x 18 (3 inches marked off the canvas to make it 11 x 18) This was for the cover of next year's Oracle. I honestly did not want to take on a van Gogh work, I was pretty intimidated once I started. They asked me to do van Gogh's "Starry Night" with some changes of course, so it is not exact replication, and it is not meant to be at all. I made the word "Oracle" formed by the stars to make the title, I replaced the church in the town with our school, and I shifted the main features of the painting onto the "front" and made up the "back". They did like it and it may be used as long as they stick with the theme they had in mind, I hope they use it though, ha.
very good work.
Nice work. You can do his technique very well.
i thought it resembles "starry night" but was different and unique as well, this is really great ^.^
This is pretty good! Taking on a masterpiece such as Starry Night is intimidating I'm sure, but I especially like the brush strokes on this interpretation...kudos
That's my favorite painting ever! I LOVE IT!